Sunday 1 September 2013

Finally! PAGES!!



In what is starting to look like a suspiciously recurring pattern, Im back after a long absence. And to prove that I havent slacked around like the lazy bastard everybody seems to think I am, heres -finally- the first 3 pages from the project that I have been working on for this whole summer (and planning since even earlier) that I couldnt show until, basically, yesterday.

The book is GLIMMER MAN #1, written by Darrin "dashing" O'Toole, edited and supervised by Rob "ravishing" Curley and drawn and lettered by "marvelous" me.

What the guys wanted to achieve with the book was the genesis of a new kind of Irish superhero, respectful of the Lee/Kirby tradition but at the same time 100% historically accurate for a change. Darrin and Rob researched a LOT of WWII facts and anecdotes revolving around the overlooked role of Ireland in the last war, and I want to believe that I did my part of the job in illustrating it with a style that in my vision wanted to be nostalgic but "messed up" by a more modern inking. Posterity will judge if I failed miserably or kept my promises.

The previews are unlettered, so if you want to know what the funny people are saying you still have to buy the book in Sub City Comics in Dublin, you cheap bastards you ;) Open them in a new tab for a bigger preview.

Should be distributed soon in the UK too, Im told. I'll let you know when that happens.

Over and out, and hopefully be back soon.

LuCa.






No comments: